Staying Active During the Winter Months
There are many reasons why people are not active during the winter months. Many people are not physically active to begin with and when the winter months come around more people continue to stay inactive because it is cold outside, there is snow on the ground, etc.. During the winter months there are many ways that you can remain active. One thing that I do is I go and play ice hockey with my friends. Ice hockey you are constantly moving and being active. A second activity I do during the winter months is that I go skiing. Every year my dad and I go skiing in Colorado for 10 days. Skiing is a great way to remain active throughout the winter months. What are some ways that you remain active throughout the winter months?
I tend to remain very active during the winter moths like the summer months. I still workout 4-5 times a week. On top of that I engage in outdoor activities as well. I try to snowboard when I can in New York and I also go sled riding a few times.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you Nick. However, I think some people have access and are able to stay active during the winter months but it is more effort and people don't want to leave the coziness of their houses to go outside to get in the car to drive to exercise. One thing I do in the winter months to stay active is play basketball at our local YMCA. A few times a week my friends and I drive down to the YMCA and play until we get bored. It is a great way to get exercise during the winter because it's indoors so you don't have to worry about the weather.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you! Many lazy people should try going to a gym during the winter months though. You can stay in perfect shape if you can get a gym membership. In the winter I like to run on a treadmill or lift. Also, I play football in the snow with my brother and that's a workout in snowpants and boots. It is also a fun time trying to get him better for the next season.
ReplyDeleteIs this a picture that you took? It looks very fun! I completely agree that many people do not move as much as they should during the winter months! As a future HPE educator maybe you can start a winter program at your school for movement options in the cooler months!
ReplyDeleteI agree with your post! Definitely during the winter months it is hard to get out of the house and go to the gym. It is very important because it helps improve your mood. I love lifting weights and playing wall ball during the winter. Being from upstate NY, there is always a lot of snow so people love to ski and do outdoor winter activities.
ReplyDeleteI think that you are completely right Nick. Most people don't like to be in the cold. I love to go snowboarding. Snowboarding is one of the things I can do to stay active during the winter months. Even if someone does not want to go skiing they could also go sled riding to stay active.
ReplyDeleteThat was great advice about winter Nick. I personally like to play basketball inside of a gym with my friends. I like it more in during winter because the gym is colder than summer. If someone doesn't have access to a gym or facility over winter there are other things they could do to stay active. Anyone can do 30 push ups and sit ups before bed. Over time this will pay off and they can do more each week.
ReplyDeleteThese are two great ways to get some physical activity during the winter months, Nick. I agree that a lot of people tend to exercise less during the winter. The winter season and snow have a bad stigma around them for most people. I think that people need to be more educated on the multiple was they can get some physical activity during the winter season. Personally, I like to go to my high school's wrestling practices and work out with the athlete's during the winter season. I enjoy the sport and coaching the younger athletes. I also like to shovel snow. It's a great workout and there is a sense of accomplishment when you see all the snow that you have moved when you are done.
ReplyDelete